Hyperic plug-in for vFabric Gemfire, manages GemFire Distributed System (DS) and the servers and services it comprises. Recenbtly a new version was released which supports GemFire 7. You can obtain it from the VMware Sulution Exchange link below.
To set GemFire 7 monitoring on Hyperic 50 the steps are as follows
- Download plugin from link above
- If plugin name contains version such as vfgf-plugin-1.0.M1.jar, rename to vfgf-plugin.jar.
- Log in to HQ UI
- Click on Administration
- Click on Plugin Manager
- Click Add/Update Plugins
- Select vfgf-plugin.jar from your filesystem
- Click Ok
- Wait for plugin sync to complete (usually not more than a minute or two)
- Click on Resources
- Click on the Tools menu
- Click on New Platform
- Enter a name for this platform such as "Gemfire 7.0" this name must be unique in HQ Inventory
- Optionally enter Description and Location
- From Platform Type drop down select either "vFabric Gemfire Distributed System 7.x"
- Choose the HQ agent you wish to monitor gemfire from in the Agent Connection drop down. (Note: If the HQ agent will be monitoring GF remotely be sure firewall allows the selected HQ agent to connect to the gemfire agent/locators)
- Enter the IP Address of the GemFire system into IP Address
- Enter a unique name to use in the Fully Qualified Domain Name box.
- Once done it should look as follows once servers have been picked up and discovered.
- Click OK - This will add the platform to inventory. It still needs to be configured
- Click on Edit under Configuration Properties under the Inventory tab of the new platform you added
- Enter in the details for the locator(s) and their ports. If there are multiple locators then separate then by a comma.