I installed OFM 11g R1 today with just the Weblogic server itself installed. Once that was done my next task was to install ADF into the Weblogic server and found this in the documentation.
35.6 Installing the ADF Runtime to the WebLogic Installation
You can install the ADF runtime using the following installers:
Oracle 11g Installer: Installs JDeveloper, the ADF runtime, and Oracle WebLogic Server. It does not install Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Application Developer Installer: Installs the ADF runtime and Oracle Enterprise Manager. You should use the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Application Developer Installer if you want to use Oracle Enterprise Manager to manage standalone ADF applications (without Oracle SOA Suite or Oracle WebCenter components). You must already have installed Oracle WebLogic Server before you can use this installer.
1. Download the following.
Application Development Runtime
2. Unzip the file ofm_appdev_generic_22.214.171.124.0_disk1_1of1.zip
3. Run "runInstaller" and install it into your OFM 11g R1 home. It will prompt you for the OFM home directory.
4. Finally use the steps below to either extend or create a new domain which has ADF runtime and OEM added to the domain.
35.7.1 How to Create an Oracle WebLogic Server Domain for Oracle ADF
Note: If you used the Oracle Fusion Middleware Application Developer Installer, select Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle JRF when creating the domain or extending it.
Now finally we want to ensure we can deploy ADF applications from JDeveloper 11g R1 to our domain which we must do as follows.
5. Login into OEM. The username and password should be your Weblogic Server console application credentials
6. Click the + symbol for "Weblogic Domain".
7. Click on the + symbol for your domain.
8. Select the managed server you wish to enable ADF applications for.
9. Click on the button "Apply JRF Template".
It was nice to know you could get Oracle Enterprise manager installed into your domain without Oracle SOA Suite or Oracle WebCenter components.