Viewing the MBeans available in WLS 11g from the client side with jconsole is done as follows. The key here is to create the necessary client side JAR file required to access WLS 11g using JMX. In this example we are using JDK 1.6.
Note: The steps for JDK 1.5 are NOT identical to these.
1. First create a wlfullclient.jar with steps as follows on the WLS server. This will give you what you need on the client side to connect to WLS MBean Server.
- Change directories to the
- Use the following command to create
2. Now add/provide wlfullclient.jar to the classpath for jconsole on the client side as follows.
3. Jconsole should display requesting you to provide the remote server you wish to connect to. In this example I am simply going to connect to the RUNTIME MBean Sever with connect details as follows for the "Remote Process" field. Also I have to add a username/password for the WLS 11g server in order to connect.
4. Press the connect button and now you can easily see which MBeans you wish to view.
For more information on the MBeans in WLS 11g refer to this URL.