1. New empty project called "HelloApples"
2. Right click on the project and select "New -> Web Tier -> HTML - JSON File"
3. Name the file "manifest.json"
4. Add contents as follows
"name": "Apples First Extension",
"description": "The first extension that I made.",
5. Right click on the project and select "New -> Web Tier -> HTML -> HTML Page"
6. Name the page "popup.html" and replace the file contents as follows.
8. Your project would look as follows within JDeveloper. You will see a WEB-INF folder which
is there due to the fact the project has previously been run in the integrated WLS to test the popup.html
9. In Google Chrome bring up the extensions management page by clicking the wrench icon on the right hand side and choosing "Tools > Extensions". (On Mac, use Window > Extensions.)
10. If Developer mode has a + by it, click the + to add developer information to the page.
11. Click the Load unpacked extension button. A file dialog appears.
12. In the file dialog, navigate to your extension's folder within your JDeveloper project
and click OK.
If all went well you should see your extension in the Google Chrome toolbar and when clicked it should show you todays date.